Wednesday, October 10, 2012


It was a long day yesterday!  We started out with the best intentions of having a fun day...and it was!  But there were a few bumps along the way...!

When I woke up, I had an email saying that I had won a raffle I'd entered at Diddos for Kiddos!!!  Woohoo!!!  I never win anything, so I was extra surprised and happy by my good luck!  I called the contact number and made plans to meet the lady in a parking lot right off the highway.  Perfect.  The only hitch was that I had to be there 30 minutes before Scarlett's favorite part of the day, toddler time, ended.  No biggie, but we'd have to scoot our boot out of there without a fight!!!

When we were leaving toddler time, Scarlett grabbed her daily sticker, and we headed off to the jeep.  No struggle at all!  I raced across town, made it there in time, and the raffle lady handed over the prize!  Scarlett and I were both excited and we were chatting and dancing to Biebs on the way to DD for my once-a-day coffee (my favorite part of the day!) and a cheese wrap for Scarlie Jo.  Life was good!

There was no line at Dunkin' Donuts, so we didn't wait long, and before I knew it, the lady was handing me my pumpkin deliciousness.  Then Scarlett screamed and started to really cry and grab at her nose.  Hmmm...

She screamed that her sticker was up her nose and then she just kept crying and kind of freaking out.  I made her look up and there it was!  I could just see the very edge of that blue smiley face -- it was up there pretty far!

At this point, I started freaking out!  Where would the sticker go??  It would just go to the back of her throat and then into her stomach.  NBD, right?!  But I wasn't sure...would it go up in her brain?  Get stuck in her face??  I frantically asked the DD lady if they had any tweezers (not really sure what I was thinking.), but they gave me blank stares, so I turned back to Scarlett and tried to grab it out with my swollen pregnancy fingers, but there was no way that thing was budging.  I turned back around and they were all staring at me, "Did you get it out?" they asked.  "Um, no.  I need her wrap, so that I can go!!!"

I mean, this may have been one of my worst parenting decisions; I waited for her cheese wrap.  WHAT WAS I THINKING?!  I have no idea.  Mom fail.

Anyway, they handed over the goods and I speed-raced outta there!  I live very close to DD -- it took all of 30 seconds for me to get home.  Then I raced inside, snagged the tweezers, ran back to the jeep and tweezered out the dang sticker!  PHEW!!!

Once I sighed with relief, I had a twinge of disappointment that I hadn't taken a picture of the sticker inside her nose.  But luckily, I did remember to snap a shot of the aftermath:

After the crazy morning we'd just had, Scarjo was still up for visiting Auntie Mary and playing at the playground for an hour.  Kill me now!  I just cannot enjoy the playground unless I have someone to chat with while Scarlett plays.  Pain-ful!

After a quick lunch, Scarlett was (finally!) worn out and begging for a nap!  Yessss.

No comments:

Post a Comment