Sunday, February 12, 2012

"Throwing Hunnids"

Who??
Have you ever heard of Tyga??  Yeah, me neither...well, until last week.  Apparently, he's a singer who has a song called, Rack City.  Naively, Mary (and me, too, I'll admit it!) thought this was just a good song with a nice beat.  (Mary may have been teaching Scarlett how to "throw hunnids" as they danced around the kitchen.)  It's been quite hilarious watching them...and then I looked up the Rack City video.  Whoa!  I was shocked to learn what Rack City was really about!

Of course, now it's pretty clear..."Rack" City is about a strip club!  Oh man...just another glaringly obvious sign that I'm not longer a young, hip college student, as much as I may feel like it!  Yet another sign?  The fact that I spent my Friday night at Jo-Ann's Fabrics.  So hip.

Though, apparently, I'm not the only one who is oblivious:

"You know what makes me feel old?  When I see girls who are 20-something, or the new crop of actresses, and think, 'Aren't we kind of the same age?'" --Jennifer Aniston, 43

Oh, Jen!

2 comments:

  1. You know what else makes me feel old? Going to a bar with my husband to watch a local band only to see the entire bar is filled with graying, overweight, balding people. And I initially thought "Wow. What's with all of the old people tonight?" And then I realized that they were all my own age.

    SUCKED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! This whole business of getting older is not fun!!!

    ReplyDelete