Monday, December 17, 2012

Thankful.

I wasn't going to say anything about the shooting at Sandy Hook because my words cannot do justice to how I feel.  But how can I go on without acknowledging the fact that it happened?  This happened many states away from where I live, and yet, I do feel a loss.  I feel so sad for the parents who lost their babies and for the families who lost their loved ones.  The pictures of the children and women lost make the whole event just that much more real, though, as hard as it was, I'm glad that I went through and read about each victim.  I would want the world to do that for my family member; I wouldn't want them ignored.  It just makes it harder to go about my daily life without thinking about them and how their families must be feeling today.

Then I look around my house and feel so thankful.  We're spending this cold, snowy day inside with french toast scentsy burning and a huge fire in our pellet stove.  Christmas music is playing in the background where Poppy is sleeping and Scarlett and I are making reindeer noses for our neighbors and friends.  Life is so good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment