I was nominated for the Liebster Award!!! How cool is that?! It's really
surprising fun that people other than my sister are reading my blog!
Thank you, Stephanie -- what a fantastic surprise!! (Fyi, her blog, And Baby Makes 10, is so fun!)
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers...the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
If you receive the award, there are a few rules to follow...
1) Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves
2) Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked
3)Blogger must then create 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate
4) They must choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post
5)Bloggers must be notified of their award!
6) No tag backs!
11 Things About Me:
- I bake cookies for the dough; the cookies are just a happy consequence!
- My danskos are an everyday staple in my "mom" wardrobe, but in my head, I still feel like the queen of high heels! I swear, I'm going to rock the heels again, once the girls get a bit older...!
- After working in an elementary school for three years, I decided to go back to school for my masters degree. I completed one class, then I found out that I was pregnant. When both babies are in school, I swear I'll go back...I can't imagine homework on top of everything else right now!
- I love that I get to say, "the girls," now that I have two of them!
- Make up, sunless tanner, and fancy perfume makes my world go 'round, but I'm such a granola mom! Breastfeeding for two years and cloth diapers are how we do things around here -- I had no idea I'd be like this until I actually had babies.
- Shopping for little ones is way more fun than shopping for anything else--oooh, the cuteness! Make up is right up there on the list, though!
- I drive a Jeep, but I'm more of a car girl. Volkswagon Passat (wagon for the room), please!
- I'm an in the closet tanorexic! Though it's been a year since I've actually gone, I'm starting to get the itch...
- All through college, I worked at Bath & Body Works. It was so fun that once the little ladies are a bit older, I'd love to go back part-time to get out into the world a bit!
- For Christmas decorations outside and for our tree, I'm a colored lights type of person, but I love white lights for accent decorations!
- I'm a huge lover of books, but lately, the only things that I've been reading are blogs! The best thing about bloggers that I've found is that it's nice to get a sneak peek into real people's lives/get ideas for things to do with the girls!
(Those were really difficult to come up with! Now for my questions...!)
Questions for my nominations:
- We were considering "Meggie" as a name for baby 2, so I re-read The Thorn Birds. Way more depressing than I had remembered!
- Urban Decay eyeliners and a Tarte lippy. I used my "push present" (gift card to Ulta!) a few weeks ago -- thank you, Tyler!
- A "congratulations for your baby" gift from Tyler's aunt. I loooove snail mail, so I'm psyched for the Christmas cards to start coming...!
- Sylvester Stallone, Dalai Lama, George W. Bush, Nancy Reagan, Frida Kahlo, Tia & Tamara Mowry, and 50 Cent all share my birthday, July 6!
- Buying matching Christmas jammies with the entire fam and then staying in them all day!
- Margaret is after Margaret Mitchell, author of Gone with the Wind, and Karen is after my dad's sister. I was Meggie growing up from The Thorn Birds.
- Scarlett giving Lulu kisses! A rare moment for them! ;)
- No idea! With a newborn, it makes travelling and vacationing a thing for the future...!
- Twenty-nine! The big 3-0 is coming next...
- One. My sister!
- Yes! I love instagram!!! Megkb76 -- come follow me!
Questions for my nominations:
- What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
- If you could travel one place in time, where would you go?
- Can you tell me about one of your favorite blogs?
- Did you buy a Powerball ticket for the $550 million jackpot?!
- What are your top name choices for your next baby or pet?! (I probably won't steal them!;)
- Are your holiday cards ordered?! Is your tree up??!
- What's one thing you love about where you are from?
- What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
- What is a favorite someecard that you've found??
- Recommend a favorite children's book. (From your childhood or that your kids like.)
- Where is your favorite place to shop online?
Quite Contrary -- Mary
Kate As Of Late -- Kate
Boredom Leads to Blogging -- Sarah
Life as a Seed -- Crystal
Adventures by Me... -- Kelly
Once Upon a Dime -- Katie
Where Your Treasure Is... -- Melissa
Strongly Feminine -- Darci
Charmed Life -- Heather
Caffeine & Cocktails -- Ana
A Coffee Break with Brittany -- Brittany