Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Public Service Announcement. Welcome.

Let me preface this post by saying that I am the queen of pretty license pictures!  I take it seriously.  The primping and prettifying that is done in preparation for that picture is extensive!  After all, especially when you're in your 20's, you'll likely be whipping out that bad boy lots!  (at least that was the case for me)

Here's the proof:

Back when I was young & spry!

For a license picture, I was happy.  But then it expired (in 2011)...SO

Yesterday was the day that I decided to renew my license after driving around for a YEAR with an expired one.  You may be asking yourself, "why now?" because that's exactly what Tyler said.  He was convinced that the DMV would be coming to our town, only 20 minutes from their office, and save me the gas money drive.

For me, it was now or never!  I had just had my hair colored & styled, my summer tan hasn't faded yet, and IT HAD BEEN A YEAR!  With baby 2 coming, who knows when I would have ever gone to the DMV.

What I didn't consider when making my decision was the fact that I'm a million years pregnant!  "Hello, Fat Kirstie Alley face, I've missed you since my last pregnancy."  Big mistake.

On top of my fat pregnancy face, the Maine DMV has decided that they don't want a picture of anything other than your face.  No neck to elongate your face.  Nope.  JUST your face, front and center.  This, combined with my Kirstie Alley likeness, did not make for a pretty picture.

To make matters worse, *public service announcement* for all of you Mainers, THEY ONLY LET YOU TAKE ONE PICTURE.  When did this happen?

I was mid-sentence when they snapped away.  I hadn't flipped my hair, applied new lip gloss, OR make my skinny face.  The machine told the DMV lady that my eyes were closed BECAUSE THEY WERE, but she glanced at the picture after my groan, and said, "You look beautiful!"  Lies.  Then I looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to tell me to go try again, when she said, "We only take one picture.  Have a nice day!"

At this point, I wanted to yell and scream and stamp my foot and make her take another shot, but I'm an adult, so I grabbed Scarlett's hand, and marched out, feeling like it was all unfinished business.

My only sign of hope was that Tyler assured me that once I'm not pregnant, I can "lose" my license and have my picture retaken.  I was pacified until Mary said that the pictures are all digital and they'll just send me a new one with my ugly picture.  So I might just have to suck it up for 6 years until this one expires???!!!  Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment