Friday, August 17, 2012

5 Whole Years!!!

On August 17, 2007, Tyler and I made our way to City Hall on a sunny, perfect day to do the wedding thing!  It was very casual, but I still got to wear a pretty, white Marilyn Monroe dress and hold a bouquet of flowers!!!  Our immediate family was there and we jetted off to Florida (to his grandmother's retirement community.  Seriously.) to spend a week sunbathing and shopping!  My idea of the perfect vacation!

Poor Tyler is absolutely cropped out!

The ceremony.  Short & sweet!


That was all FIVE YEARS AGO!  So much has happened in those five years; crazy fun, arguments that I always win, (almost) two babies, house buying (and trying to sell), a few different cars, and lots of time with my insane family!!!   I am so fortunate to have Tyler, even though I don't say it enough!  He works so hard to provide for our family and he puts up with the crazy that IS my family!  And he fits right in!



Today, Tyler has continued his tradition of bringing me coffee in the morning!  Even with half the caffeine, it was still delicious, and just tastes better because I didn't have to leave the house to get it!

After Tyler left for work, Scarlett and I started unpacking baby clothes from boxes.  I didn't get very far when I noticed that she was trying on all of my discarded items.  Fruitcake!  I have a feeling the next 10 weeks are going to be spent putting stuff away for baby 2/following around Scarlett and redoing everything she's undone!  At least she keeps me on my toes!



It's been an eventful anniversary so far...the rest of our day includes Rhyme Time for Scarjo and then I have to figure out what to get Tyler for a small, thoughtful gift...boys are so hard to shop for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment