Monday, July 23, 2012

The things they say...



Well, it finally happened.  Scarlett said something, in public, that was completely innocent while being totally embarrassing to me.  While she was swinging on a big girl swing, another little girl with her father were swinging one swing away and the mother sat on a nearby bench.

Scarlett, being the observant little girl that she is, noticed how large the mother was and proclaimed, "Look!  Mum!  She has a baby 2!"  I replied, "Yup, a baby 2!"

My thinking was that my comment would pacify Scarlett while being innocent enough to keep the family next to us in the dark.  Well, Scarlett was not satisfied by my lackluster response.

She went on, "No, Mummy, look!  She has a baby in her belly, too!"  Oooh man!  If that wasn't clear, I don't know what is.  I just smiled and nodded and turned her attention to another structure.  The family kindly ignored us and went on their merry way.  


I'm not sure if I handled it correctly, but at the time, I was at a loss for what to do!  I also didn't want to reprimand Scarlett because it would have exasperated the situation AND she really didn't realize what she was saying was rude.  

ANOTHER eventful activity for us today was to clean off Scarlett's bed!  She has always been a hoarder.  I have caught her far too many times hiding things in the lower drawers of my jewelry cabinet and when Tyler couldn't find his cell phone, it just so happened that a little squirrel named Scarlett had tucked that bad boy into his sneaker!  Clearly, she has a reputation around our house!

So when I went to clean the babies and stuffed animals out of her bed, I knew I had a big job, but nothing prepared me for how much she had hidden at the end of her bed...



And I clean her sheets, so it hadn't taken very long for this to accumulate!  I'm not even gonna lie; most some of these were Lulu's that Scarlett had hoped would be hers to keep!  Naughty, naughty!

No comments:

Post a Comment