Monday, August 22, 2011

Ba-BAM! Two in a Row, Ladies!

Sooo, I've been busy this summer/haven't been in the mood for blogging.  I'm not really sure why.  It's not for lack of material; Scarjo is doing so many new and fun things!  I swear every new month kills me because she's becoming less and less MY baby, but also I love it because she is just becoming more and more A-MAZ-ING!  I know it's super-cliche to say that it keeps getting better and better, but it's absolutely the truth. 

Now we're in month NINETEEN.  Ahhh!  Scarlett is talking up a storm, beginning to potty train, aaaand I'm trying to wean her.  (I know, she's a billion years old, cannot believe I'm STILL nursing!)  I just love it and it's a comfort to her/she insists on it, so there you are.  I have no idea how I'm actually going to follow through with weaning at this point.  We do "fake" nursing (don't even ask!) for comfort when she wakes up in the middle of the night (oh, yes, she's still sleeping with us, too!)  and she's starting to catch on to that, so I'm at a lose as to what to do!  I know I could cold turkey her, but that just doesn't fit our family.  So, as of this afternoon naptime, we're still nursing to fall asleep.  (So much for her being less of my baby, huh?!  Ha!)   

A fun game we like to play with Scarlett is to make her say the names of all our family members to hear her cute pronunciation.  Here are our favorites:

Mummy/Mummysssss  (Me)  I cheer everytime she says it -- I cannot hear it enough!  We're working on, "Mummy, I love you!"  Hehehe!
Daaaaa! (Tyler)  I blame Mary.
Mam-wee (Mary)
Mom-meee (Molly)
Naanaa (Lulu)  Those L's are tricky!
Bra-neee (Brian)
Grammie (Grammum)  Watch out, Nancy, MA is taking over Grammie...and not even on purpose!
And "Alyssa" is just a bunch of sounds, it's different every time Scarjo tries to say it.  

Scarjo is the most fun!  I cannot believe I forgot to post this video.  Enjoy her hilariousness!!!

  (Sorry about it's crookedness...totally blame Tyler.)  This was in June, her dance moves are getting even better, if you can believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment