Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Terrified.

Um, yup, that pretty much sums it up!  After I spent the day with my favorite two (of three!) people in the whole entire world, I feel terrified of having more babies.  And then I feel like a horrible person.  But holy cow, two is a lot more work than one.  There just seemed like there was no down time.  With just Scarlett, when she naps, I get a breather, but today the naps were at seperate times.  Fantastic.  And I have lots more days with two babies...my sister's ex decided that he doesn't have time for Alyssa until the 18th.  Woohoo!  I'm pretty excited about our days of fun with Little Miss because on top of all the hard work, Alyssa was really a lot of fun!  She is the most funny person I know and the things that pop out of her mouth crack me up.  And then when I tell her she cracks me up, she tells everyone else they crack her up.  I was literally laughing all day.  So it was really fun, but now I am exhausted.  As much as Alyssa loves Scarlett, she also loveds to steal her toys and munch on her fingers.  (weird!)  When I caught her doing just that, I looked at her like, "what are you doing?!"  And Alyssa said, "I'm just tasting her fingers.  Them tastes like beef."  HAHAHA!  Hilarious!  And what do you even say to that?!  My day was filled with lots of kisses from little girls, more funny Alyssa quotes, lots of conversation hearts and "peanut butter fluffernutters," bumped heads (and that's putting it mildly), and seasame street (to keep Alyssa from literally closing Scarlett's eyelid and saying, "close ya eyes, shhh, go to sweep!").  Phew!  I guess it was just a glimpse of what my life will be like in a couple of years.  It's terrifying.  But definitely adventurous and worth the work.  I'm heading to bed, but I'll leave you with these pictures from the past week or so:


Alyssa



What we did during the Super Bowl!


Rex, buttering up Tyler!

No comments:

Post a Comment