Monday, May 9, 2011

Smushpants

Fair warning, I am feeling smushy!  My poor little Scarlett has her first ever stomach bug AND a fever; it makes me so sad.  She has been vomiting all day and all last night (changing the sheets twice at 1 and 2am is not fun!) and has been super-clingy (which I kind of love!).  Well, after she was sick all over everything this afternoon, I plopped her into a warm bath and dressed her in comfy clothes.  Since she had already had a bath and hadn't been sick again, I decided to skip bath time this evening.  Now I was a different story; we had clean sheets, so it was a must that I have a shower before slipping into bed!  Well, Scarlett was so sick and I wanted to make her the most comfortable, so I stripped her down and let her air her biscuits while I showered.  As I rinsed off, Scarlett started to cry and seemed really uncomfortable, so I scooped her up and brought her into the shower with me.  We just snuggled and let the water run over us.  She played with the water on my arm and rested her cheek on my shoulder.  The whole time, I was telling mself to just remember this moment because pretty soon she'll be running off to Colby college.  It makes me so sad to think about that Scarlett is getting older, but I do love how much more fun and inquisitive she becomes!  So I'm feeling smushy because I just am loving how lovey Scarlett has been and I feel so worried when she's sick. 

On a side note, I baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today.  Wicked fail!  I have no idea why the recipe didn't call for flour, but it made the cookes too chewy/burned when I forgot to take them out of the oven.  Hate it when that happens!

I'm hoping that tomorrow brings healthy babies, a fun aerobics class, strong coffee, and lots of cleaning to get ready for Mary & Louisa!!!! 


My favorite (almost!) 3-year-old with little Scarjo  <3


No comments:

Post a Comment