Saturday, May 12, 2012

16 Weeks!

I really need to take a picture of my baby bump.  There is no photographic evidence of this pregnancy so far; slacker!  Buuuut I will get on that...in the meantime, I found a fun little pregnancy questionnaire from this blog and I have decided to do it semi-regularly in an attempt to document pregnancy #2.  (Bump pics to come...!)

How far along?  16 weeks today!
Baby's size:  4.5 inches long -- WHOA!  Baby 2 is the size of an avocado already!
Sleep:  Um, well, pretty awful.  But it's not pregnancy induced...Scarjo has really never slept through the night. On the bright side, at least I'm pretty prepared for baby 2!!!
Maternity clothes?  YES!  And I have been in them for a few weeks.  There are two reasons for this; first of all, who wouldn't want to wear stretchy waistbands instead of constricting buttons?  Secondly, my body was like, "oh, okay, I see where this is going.  BAM, let's skip right to looking 6 months pregnant!"  Awesome.  So, yes, please to maternity clothes.
Food cravings:  PEACH RINGS!!!  They are rocking my world!  And Necco wafer thingys.  Yummy!  It's so weird because normally I am such a chocolate girl, but it's just not doing it for me anymore.
Food aversions:  I can't eat anything twice.  It's very strange, I think.  If enough time passes (like weeks), then sometimes I can try something again.
Symptoms I have:  Heartburn is pretty much it, now that the first trimester is over...that was brutal.  
Doctor's appointment:  Yesterday was my 16 week check-up.  It was so cool because the doctor could find the heartbeat right away and she just pushed down on the right side below my belly button and I could feel the baby inside.  I just thought it was my organs moving around, but nope, there's really a baby in there!!!
Movement:  Not much, yet...but sometimes I am sure that I can feel movements...
Belly button:  same as always!
Gender:  We find out in June!
What I'm looking forward to:  Finding out the gender because then we can really start getting ready for baby 2!!!!
What I miss:  Not worrying about the future.  I used to just know that I had endless time with just Scarlett, but now I'm trying to soak her in and get her ready to be a big sister...!


No comments:

Post a Comment